Over the last five years, Cellit has become a leader in mobile couponing. Powering many of the world’s top brands, Cellit’s mobile coupons are used by retailers and restaurants to drive immediate sales and build brand loyalty.
Benefits of Mobile Coupons
Mobile coupons are a “TREET”: Targeted, Robust, Ecological, Economical, and Trackable.
- Targeted: Using Cellit Studio, mobile coupons can be sent to an entire subscriber list, or to customers who meet specified criteria. Studio lets you specify who should receive your mobile offer, and when they should receive it. Because the mobile coupons are targeted to specific users, at optimal times, a mobile coupon often sees redemption rates in excess of 20%.
- Robust: Mobile coupons may include a link to a mobile page, providing recipients the opportunity to review additional information about the product or service being offered. This additional information can include pages of text, photos, or even video clips.
- Ecological: Mobile coupons are green, as they do not require the use of typical resources to print and ship.
- Economical: Using mobile phone coupons means no printing costs, shipping costs, or ad placement costs.
- Trackable: Cellit’s redemption technologies ensure mobile coupons are 100% trackable. In a fully integrated environment, it is possible to know who is redeeming your coupons, what they are redeeming, where (which location) the redemption occurred, and from which campaign the coupon was sent.
Formats for Mobile Coupons
Unlike traditional paper coupons, mobile coupons may be sent to subscribers using multiple formats. Cellit offers mobile couponing technologies in three main forms:
- Text based with static coupon codes: Recipients of a static mobile text coupon just simply show their mobile phone to the cashier during the check out process. Discount offers are then manually taken off the purchase, using a pre-defined PLU (register code).
- Non-unique bar codes: Using the same bar codes found on coupons in the mail or newspaper, recipients of a non-unique bar code simply give their scannable mobile coupon to cashier to be scanned during checkout. While the discount is taken, there is no way to determine who is redeeming the offer.
- Unique text codes or bar codes: Mobile coupons can be equipped with unique redemption codes, or bar codes. Bar codes can be one-dimensional (like a UPC code) or two-dimensional (often called a “QR Code”). All unique text code or bar code coupons are fully trackable (as described above) in Cellit Studio, and can even help prevent fraud. However, the use of unique codes requires POS systems to be integrated with the Cellit coupon redemption system to ensure all submitted coupon codes are unique, valid, and have not been redeemed or expired. Cellit provides multiple ways to integrate.
Integrating Your Systems with Cellit’s Unique Bar Codes:
Systems can be integrated with Cellit’s unique bar codes redemption system by:
- POS integration via the Cellit API: Cellit offers a robust application programming interface (API) that works with existing POS systems to facilitate scannable mobile coupon redemptions. Though integration is initially time consuming, the end-result is the most-trackable, most-integrated coupon redemption system for your business.
- The Cellit Widgit: Designed for Windows-based POS Systems, Cellit has taken the best practices of API integration and created redemption software called the “Widgit”. By installing the Widgit on any Windows platform, unique coupon codes are manually entered during the checkout process. All redeemed codes are logged and tracked under the linked Cellit Studio Account,
- The iWidgit: While operating in the same capacity as the Cellit Widgit, the iWidgit was designed to track redemptions by entering in the unique codes using an iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad. Cellit will soon release a similar offering for the Android platform.
As previously stated, robust, integrated redemption systems require unique redemption codes. Cellit Studio can either automatically generate this list of codes (ensuring their uniqueness) or incorporate a predetermined list of codes provided by you. Please contact us to learn more.